Re: [Epic] Er...genestealer moves a lot in one turn but not 95cm

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:50:15 -0700

oki_at_... wrote:

> I am kinda lost on this thread. But my main concern is that "Can those
> genestealers do what Robert proposes ?" :) as opposed to how many
> genestealers are allowed in a swarm.
>
> So can the genestealers cover like (95cm?) in one turn ? I sure hope not
> (shudder)...

Let us assume that the GS is on Assault orders. This means it gets to
move 15cm in the normal phase, and another 30cm in the assault phase if
it moves into contact.

However... if it rides on an Assault Spawn, it gets to Move 25cm in the
normal phase, then in the Assault phase the GS inside the Assault Spawn
moves 20cm (25cm-5cm for set-down) then 20cm (2x(15cm-5cm for
set-down)). The rules are not clear whether its 2x(15-5) or (2x15)-5 but
since it IS clear that in marching on a road you add/subtract Then
double/triple, IMHO it should be the same.

OK, so a GS moves 20+20 or 40cm in Assault (20+25 or 45 under one
interpretation). A Hormagaunt moves 20+30 or 50cm in assault, a far
nastier proposition IMHO. (55cm by the alternate interpretation).

Add 25cm for the initial move, so from a startline, A GS in an AS can
move 65cm from a standing start. And a Hormagaunt 75cm. Hey, but even a
Marine Bike can move 70cm under the same conditions. The big advantage
is the move in the Assault Phase. Over 30cm is advantageous. Over 45cm
extremely advantageous. And the figures are 40 (GS) vs 35 (Bike).
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture