Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:50:54 -0500

>> My primary oppenent (hi jeff!) plays Eldar and Bugs. If he wants to get
>> into a shooting fight with me, great! But since bugs can't shoot and CC
>> Faeries in a transport can move 55cm, ignoring terrain, in the assult phase
>> alone..... My main concern is to stop him someplace where I can shoot him,
>> thus the screen.
>
>The eldar transports are skimmers. Can they skim over the top of
>screening units in the same way they overfly terrain? I'd say yes.
>
>And presumably, jump packs allow them to do the same? It'd be daft that
>a unit of warp spiders can leap tall buildings in a single bound, but
>can't jump over a stand of tac marines.

Well, theoretically they could. Snap-fire provides a small obstacle,
unfortunately. If I tried to whip my wave serpents over the heads of Tom's
marines, I'd get my grav-drives full of bolter holes. Not good.

Oh, and Tom -- Eldar can be very shooty, too, so don't think your screen of
wimpy children in power armor will shut me down. I've just been having too
much fun with relativistic-velocity Swooping Hawks (our friend Dave fell
prey to a 95cm charge that anhiliated a tac detachment last Friday). :)

Jeff Schmidt | NetCo Communications Corporation
software engineer, Mac development | 333 N. Washington Ave. Ste. 102
(612) 519-0878 | Minneapolis MN 55401, USA