Re: [Epic] Epic Spacehulk / E40k Carry Cases

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 09:11:00 -0700

Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> duckrvr_at_... wrote:
> >
> > At 04:33 AM 4/27/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> > >Sauron1 writes;I like the video box idea. Moving them around in those
> > >huge multi-drawer gagets is a pain. I,ll try it for shure!
> >
> > Really? I'm rather partial to my tackle boxes. I can fit my entire 10,000
> > point (2nd edition values) Eldar army in it. The titans go in the bottom.
> > I cut silhouettes out of 1" open cell foam, and they lay down nicely under
> > the fold out trays. The only problem I've had is if they get bouced really
> > hard, or get turned sideways the guys in the top tray get scrambled. I also
> > have another style tackle box with slide out drawers that can carry both my
> > chaos and my SM/IG army. The titans go in the top, standing this time, in
> > the same 1" foam (cutouts slightly smaller than the base so they fit
> > snugly). There's also plenty of room in the "fly fishing lure" (like anyone
> > with a life fly-fishes) section to keep dice, counters, templates, an exacto
> > knife, needlenose pliers, model cement and super glue for those last minute
> > repairs.
>
> Aha, but with the patented video cassette boxes, there's no bouncing
> around so no need for last minute repairs :)
>
> Being a little more serious for a moment, I didn't want to lug about
> another tool / tackle box. And the vid boxes hold 2 0r 3 detachments,
> so can be pulled off the shelf at the same time as the detachment cards
> are chosen. Smaller, lighter and more portable. Cheaper too.
>
> However, I will readily concede that they're not the only storage
> option, and if you have bucket loads of figs and wish to carry all of
> them about, the tackle box is probably the best way to go. For people
> with only 3000 or so of the E40k points will find they need only 4-5
> video boxes.
>
> I promise not to shoot you or think any less of your tactical abilities
> just because we carry our troops differently (now I wonder which is the
> more hurtful penalty?)
>
> Richard

Sauron1 writes; We have a minivan and put the plastic divider boxes into
stationary cardboard boxes. They have lids and handles. We carry whole
armies that way.I have been trying to collect as many basic troop types
as I can buy. I have been giving them to the yonger players (13 to 16) in
my club to get them interestted in epic. sauron1