Re: [Epic] Epic Spacehulk / E40k Carry Cases

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 14:31:30 +0100

> > My sons,avid space hulk players,took some of my unmountted
> > SM terminators and a box of Tyranids to play Epic Space Hulk. It works
> > as well as anything GW has tried lately! {It was good for a few laughs}
> > sauron1 PS Do you think it would make a good pocket game?
> >
> Find a way to magnetise the figs and youve got TravelHulk (tm)!

Easy. Either make the board out of magnetic sign material and put some
steel paper on the bottom of each figure, or paint the board detail onto
steel sheet and put the magnetic material on the bottom of the figures.

On a similar vein, I use plastic video cassette boxes to store and
transport my figures. Put a sheet of the magnetic stuff on the inside
of the box. Glue a strip of steel paper to the base of each infantry
stand. Now when you pack away at the end of a game, you just put the
figures back into the box, and they're magically held in position. You
can even shake the box, the figures won't come loose until you lift them
off the magnetic sheet by hand. Tanks and APCs go in a second box, this
time sandwiched between two sheets of foam. With the right thickness of
foam, the little vehicles are held tightly in the box, no worries.

I'm still thinking about how to transport titans and the larger war
engines like leviathons.

Richard