Re: [Epic] More questions!

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:33:00 -0500

At 03:00 PM 4/29/97 +1000, you wrote:
>Sorry if any of these have been asked before. Maybe the FAQ should posted
>again.
>

>What are the rules/consensus regarding LOS and
>1 Snap firing
>2 Surporting a CC.
>
>As a continue from the last question, do psykers need to be within 15cm of
>a CC for them to be counted for the combat modifiers, or can they just be
>part of the detachment?

pg. 37(rule book) the side with the most psykers supporting or
participating...

>If an infantry can get into CC but is not allowed to, ie the enemy unit in
>question is already being attacked by two units, can the unit still double
>its movement to help with surporting fire? (this is important for tyranid
>players as most of there units move 15cm, so if they cannot get into CC
>neither can they lend surporting fire because of the reduced move)

It really doesnt say. I would hope that the double move would be for the
whole detachment otherwise what you stated would make charging somebody
really bad as you out run all your support fire.
        Looking at the sample battles it looks like the whole det. gets the bonus
move.(WD208)
>Is having n/a in the range table equivalent to having zero firepower?
>(consider rhinos can lend surport, genstealers may not be able to)

No mention in the book about having to have any FP at all to lend support
in a close combat. IMHO the bugs would lend support"throw rocks and spit
at em"

>futher more,
>Can units with no ranged weapons still snap fire at units that approach
>within 10cm?

pg 15(rule book) the unit rolls 1d6 no matter what the unit firepower.
this is further cleared up in the battles book pg 104

>Can flak units fire at interceptors that attack your flyers? (or even
>ground units snap firing at the interceptors)

It appears that the interceptors engage the attackers before they enter the
board.

>Is it possible to screen your good flyers, (eg Harridans or Bombers) from
>enemy interceptors by surrounding them with cheap flyers? (my opponent
>always goes straight for my Harridan, and unsurprisingly drives it off)

You would have to take 2 different dets. One to intercept the interceptors
that are trying to intercept your first group.

>leading to,
>With the tyranid Harridan the HQ unit of the tyranid flyers, can you still
>use your gargoyles even if the Harridan hasn't been destroyed but damaged.
>The real question probably is, can flyers operate without their command
>units?

The chain of command for the tyranid flyers in harridan>gargoyles. So yes
you can fly your gargoyles without the harridan.

>Although I have enjoyed my first few games of the new EPIC it seems to me
>that sometimes the rules are rather vague.

I found that reading the battles book a couple of times cleared up a lot of
the rules fuzziness.

                                                                That Epic Chuk Guy>