RE: [Epic] [E40k] Firefights and Line of Sight

From: John Haire <John_Haire_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:09:45 -0400

> Is there someplace that specifically says LOS is needed for firefights?
> If not, then I would say it is not needed.

I find it easy to conclude than LOS is not needed for firefights. In
support
of this conclusion I offer the following:

1. Nowhere in the Firefight rules does it mention LOS. If opposing models
   are within 15cm, a Firefight will ensue - regardless of terrain, LOS,
   or other battlefield factors.

2. Nowhere in the Snap-Fire rules does it mention LOS. The Appendix in the
   Battles Book clarifies that LOS is definately not needed for Snap-Fire.
   Given the similarities between the wording for Firefights and Snap-Fire,
   I feel it is safe to infer that LOS is not needed for Firefights.

Just my humble opinion.

- John Haire