Re: [Epic] Multiple Mailing Lists

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:43:55 -0500

John Erickson wrote:

> Agro wrote:
> <snip>
> I definitely had to laugh when Andy Chambers admitted that they were
> preparing the rerelease (EPIC98?)...
> <snip>
> Does anyone who has read the rules actually like the game?
>
> Agro
>
> (Gotta love that 2nd Edition...)
> Well I have read the rules and played the game (not as many times as I would
> have liked), and I like the rules. I came to GW games from wargaming, and I
> am still a wargamer at heart. I do admit the GW games look much better than
> say Squad Leader but up til now I always felt the rules were pathetic. E40K is
> the first GW game I've played that has a wargame feel to it. Not a hardcore
> wargame, but it is different from thier other games and I like it.
 <snip o matic>

I also came in to SM/TL from wargaming. I do NOT play any of the other
GW games. As a side note, I have bought all of them however, mainly for
the figures. Back when WHFB had orks and elves, that was the cheapest
way, on a per figure basis, to get a s**t load of orcs, which I needed
for my AD&D game. I may get the current set of WHFB, again to get the
figures, but, as a set of fantasy or medieval rules, they really lack.
WH40K, on the other hand, sucks. I have it, more because I could (plus
all the codexs) [I must be crazed at times]. The only GW game that I
feel that I could get into playing is Warhamer Quest, which is more like
solo D&D than any thing else. I like E40K because it dosn't feel like
any other GW game, despite the "fluffy linkage" that it has with
WarChedder 40K