Re: [Epic] Multiple Mailing Lists

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 14:21:54 -0400

PAspin3551_at_... wrote:

[Agro's comments snipped]

> what a sad little man. Rather like an amiga owner still persisting the things
> useful (a very out of date, now quite useless computer).
>
> To be frank, your comments are pathetic. Of course the rulebooks will be
> updated in the next print - name one successful game where they wer'nt?
> And surely you must realize that the sheer number of Epic40K messages
> compared to 2nd edition space marine messages proves which version is
> popular?

        Uh, the reason why E40k messages outnumber 2nd
edition messages is because most of the old 'regulars'
from the list who weren't interested in E40k are GONE.
Lorenzo, Tony, Cameron, etc are no longer around to start
or contribute to 2nd ed. threads, and I'd wager most of
the people here currently are not die-hard SM/TL players.
Thus, your 'sheer numbers' prove nothing.

> Having played both, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind, or the rest of
> my club, which is better : there are actually (shock, gasp, horror!) TACTICS
> involved in this game.

        Shock, gasp, horror, there were tactics involved
in SM/TL as well, especially if you weren't playing with a
bunch of cheese-mongers.

Scott
shupes_at_...