Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 21:36:00 +0100

Thanks for the latest answers Allen.

But Jervis appears to have screwed up with the detachment HQs AGAIN.

> > > Marine Detatchements:
> > > a)Any marine unit at +25 points to the basic cost
> > > b)Captain at 25 points
> > > c)Captain at 25+25=50 points
> > > d)Librarian at 35 points
> > > e)Librarian at 235+25=65 points
> >
> > P: a) [which includes b and e; my fault]
How does a) include b)? I can see how it could include c) but not b).

And if b) is correct, it will be a rare detachment without a captain, as
effectively he appears to be "free".

> > > Eldar Detatchments
> > > a)Any unit at +25 points
> > > b)Farseer at 50 points
> > > c)Farseer at 50+25=75 points
> >
> > P: a) - the Farseer should cost 75 points

Therefore he means to say a) [which includes c)]

Ouch. And this is inconsistent with the answer for the marines.

> > > Chaos Marine Detatchments
> > > a) any unit at +25 to basic cost
> > > b) Chaos Lord HQ at 25 points
> > > c) Chaos Lord HQ at 25+25=50 points
> > > d) Sorceror HQ at 35 points
> > > e) Sorceror HQ at 35+25=60 points
> >
> > P: a) [which, again, includes c and e]

BUT THAT ISN'T WHAT HE SAID FOR THE MARINES, which on the face of it
should be no different to the chaos marines.

Sorry to shout, but I'm beginning to get upset with Jervis on this one.
Despite being asked something which should be in the rulebooks, not once
but twice, he has still failed to give a satisfactory answer to a
question we shouldn't need to ask!

> > Hope that helps!
> >
> > Jervis

Thanks, Jervis, but it doesn't help at all.

Richard