Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 14:34:20 -0400 (EDT)

Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...> writes:
> Uhhh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only supposed to
> be a couple of farseers _per craftworld_?

        Yes there are only several per craftworld, but craftworlds are
generally much smaller than the 6 large ones they list in Renegades.
I would imagine that the larger craftworlds have proportionally more
Farseers.

        Aren't there supposed to be only like 10 captains per Marine
_Chapter_? Yet a 1000 point game might include 3 Captains or so? Or
Librarians? I thought that good librarians only came 1-2 per chapter.
Yet they're only 60-65 points.

> I think this is the reasoning
> behind making farseers so expensive... they just wanted to add some
> "flavor",

        I think that the reasoning for this is that they screwed up
again (no one's perfect, but if they admit their mistake on this one
it'd be wonderful), but that some flavor was added as a side effect.

> Why would you buy a farseer anyway? You could buy 5 warlocks
> for the same price, and be assured that you would always get the +1
> for psychics in cc and firefights.

        Because I can in WH40k? (Hey, I can use this argument for a
good cause at last! :)

        And because I feel that the Eldar should have some sort of
leader type in each detachment, not just 3 aspects and a Warlock
restraining the Exarch from raging into the enemy. Each little squad
of troops in WH40k is led by an Avatar or Farseer, so they're clearly
not *that* rare. Since I can still only have one Avatar, it would
follow that the other detachments would include Farseers.

Mark