Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 97 12:48:11 EST

At 11:28 AM 5/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 01/05/97 18:11:51, allen_at_... (A. Allen
>McCarley) writes:
>
><< > Eldar Detatchments
> > > a)Any unit at +25 points
> > > b)Farseer at 50 points
> > > c)Farseer at 50+25=75 points
> >
> > P: a) - the Farseer should cost 75 points >>
>
>Well, im sorry but my group is going to completely disregard THAT ruling. I
>cant honestly believe that the Eldar pay more than any other army for their
>commanders that are substantially worse points wise!
> 75 Points is a ridiculous amount for a not very good unit- especially as in
>the example given in the sample army list and the points cost of the supreme
>commander are examined, it seems it costs more to be a lower ranking farseer
>than it does to command the entire army!
>
>kris aspinall

Uhhh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only supposed to
be a couple of farseers _per craftworld_? I think this is the reasoning
behind making farseers so expensive... they just wanted to add some
"flavor", i.e. make the unit expensive because it was supposed to be
_rare_. Why would you buy a farseer anyway? You could buy 5 warlocks
for the same price, and be assured that you would always get the +1
for psychics in cc and firefights.

Elias