Re: [Epic] Eldar Armies

From: Chainsaw <gchaney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 23:36:45 -0400

Sean Smith wrote:

> Also I have a some questions, which I would appreciate if
> anybody could provide me with answers to.
>
> 1) I presume that the Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus armed with
> rockets can fire indirectly. In the new rules through there
> is no mention of having the artillery special capability.

They have to see their target if they don't have the artillery ability.

> 2) Artillery I presume can only fire indirectly at enemy
> detachments that can be seen by at least one friendly unit.
> In the new rules however there is no mention of this, so
> theortically artillery can fire at any enemy detachment
> (as long as it is range), even when the enemy detachment
> can't be seen by any friendly units.

A unit with the artillery ability can fire at any enemy within range
regardles if anyone can see them. Think of fire coordinates from off
board sensors or something. The arty saturates the area with enough
shells to damage the unseen target. It works ok for me.

> 3) It isn't clear in the rules, can deathstrike missiles
> be launched againist targets that they can't see at the
> moment of their launch?

They must see the target as they don no have the artillery ability.

> 4) Do deathstike missiles hit their target in the same turn
> they are launched? If they don't, what speed do deathstrike
> missiles move at after they are launched?

They hit the turn they are launched.