Re: [Epic] Eldar Armies

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 21:09:53 +1300

On Mon 05 May, Magician wrote:
> Can some one tell me how the new eldar army compares with what was in
> SM\TL.
> Is the thinking the same behind the new army
> eg. still v.fast but limited units in terms of numbers,
> hit and run tactics the way to go
> etc.
>
> Thanx for any replies
>
> Magician

 There seems to be pretty much the same thinking behind the Eldar
 army in the new epic as there was in the old epic. I haven't
 played the new game so far through. You should take note
 of the combine transport and disruption capability of
 wave serpants. This gives you a fast troop transport that also
 provides excellent fire support for your troops.

 Also I have a some questions, which I would appreciate if
 anybody could provide me with answers to.

 1) I presume that the Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus armed with
    rockets can fire indirectly. In the new rules through there
    is no mention of having the artillery special capability.

 2) Artillery I presume can only fire indirectly at enemy
    detachments that can be seen by at least one friendly unit.
    In the new rules however there is no mention of this, so
    theortically artillery can fire at any enemy detachment
    (as long as it is range), even when the enemy detachment
    can't be seen by any friendly units.

  3) It isn't clear in the rules, can deathstrike missiles
     be launched againist targets that they can't see at the
     moment of their launch?

  4) Do deathstike missiles hit their target in the same turn
     they are launched? If they don't, what speed do deathstrike
     missiles move at after they are launched?

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...