Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: Waiming Poo-Cheong <waiming.poo-cheong_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:31:04 +0100 (BST)

> I like all the contradictions, it makes it feel like real history!
> "Who really was there? Only the Emperor knows, and he's not telling."

Speaking of which, was Sanguinus killed at the Ultimate Gate or onboard
Horus' barge? Most accounts (including Codex Angels of Death) record his
demise at the hands of Horus during the Emperor's counterstrike. But I
recall a story somewhere in one of the 2nd ED battle reports in WD (I
think it was 'Chaos at Kadavah' or something, a Blood Angels Vs Chaos
battle, but I can't remember which WD it was), in which a Thousand Sons
CSM recalled seeing Sanguinus' broken (and definitely dead) body cast down
from the Ultimate Gate on Earth or something.

I don't know why, but this inconsistency has been bugging me for a couple
of years now, and this thread just made me remember it....

Plus the very same CSM also remembered Blood Angels during the Heresy as
being bigger-sized: 'giants' compared to 41st Mil. Blood Angels. If
Marines had been shrinking over the last 10K years, maybe that's why CSMs
get +3 on CAF and Imp tac SMs get only a +2.

Or maybe it was just 10k years of chaos-induced mindrot.....:)

btw pardon this confused rambling if you don't remember ever having read
that battle report.

cheers

Waiming