Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: Chris Weigt <Christopher.Weigt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 08:19:31 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Waiming Poo-Cheong wrote:

> > I like all the contradictions, it makes it feel like real history!
> > "Who really was there? Only the Emperor knows, and he's not telling."
> >
> Speaking of which, was Sanguinus killed at the Ultimate Gate or onboard
> Horus' barge? Most accounts (including Codex Angels of Death) record his
> demise at the hands of Horus during the Emperor's counterstrike. But I
> recall a story somewhere in one of the 2nd ED battle reports in WD (I
> think it was 'Chaos at Kadavah' or something, a Blood Angels Vs Chaos
> battle, but I can't remember which WD it was), in which a Thousand Sons
> CSM recalled seeing Sanguinus' broken (and definitely dead) body cast down
> from the Ultimate Gate on Earth or something.
>
> I don't know why, but this inconsistency has been bugging me for a couple
> of years now, and this thread just made me remember it....
>
> Plus the very same CSM also remembered Blood Angels during the Heresy as
> being bigger-sized: 'giants' compared to 41st Mil. Blood Angels. If
> Marines had been shrinking over the last 10K years, maybe that's why CSMs
> get +3 on CAF and Imp tac SMs get only a +2.
>
> Or maybe it was just 10k years of chaos-induced mindrot.....:)
>
> btw pardon this confused rambling if you don't remember ever having read
> that battle report.
>
> cheers
>
> Waiming

I remember the battle, and yup, I'm sure the yer right about the fluff 8)
As for the CAF differences, well, keep in mind that tac squads arent
particularly well equipped for cc (in fact, they suck goats in cc, but
thats another story in another game system...) while chaos squads usually
have somewhat more choice in the matter 8)
Chris