Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: Troy, Kiesten &/or Michael <tellessa_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 19:51:14 +1000

>Sauron1 writes;Actually the Giants reference to is a comment by a Traitor
> space marine that acompanies an Epic battle report.He refers to the
>Space Marines that were Original galaxy conquerors as such not the
>shadows they are now.May be he sees a decline in the geanseed or just an
>old warrior half remembering the"good old days"?Saginus had just
>destroyed a blood thirster at the golden gates. It threw him down,to the
>growns of the defenders and the cheers of the fallen,but he raised
>himself up and picking it up,broke its back over his knee.

Wait a minute! That's the same thing an Eldar Avatar does in one of the
earlier WD stories. I believe its some fluff to go with the new Avatar's
rules for 1st Ed 40K. The Avatar fights a Keeper of Secrets for a few hours
and finally wins by breaking its back over his knee!

Do GW have the same obsession with breaking backs on knees as they do with
buckets of skulls poured liberally over all imagery?