Re: [Epic][E40k] Campaign Ideas

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 16:04:57 -0500

> I see your point here, and I think it's a valid observation. There's a
> flaw there we need to fix. What do you think would be the best way of
> amending the victory conditions to encourage offense as well as
> defense? (Currently we've been quite offensive just to test the system
> and beat each other up, but I definitely see your point about defense
> having the advantage).

How about this. In your rules, you already have the Strategy Rating
doing the sorts of things that I think it should reflect. Therefore,
during each battle make a rule that the attacking force always puts
three initiative counters in the mug while defending force only puts
in two. (Regardless of army strategy rating.)

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.