Re: [Epic] [E40k] Tyranid strategy rating

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 22:13:58 -0500

>In a message dated 08/05/97 17:29:51, jschmidt_at_... (Jeff Schmidt)
>writes:
>
><< What exactly is the rationale for a '1' strategy rating for 'nids? I
> always had the impression that Tyranids were not a blind juggernaught that
> could easily be outmaneuvered or outsmarted (perhaps I'm wrong). To me,
> Tyranids are damned _alien_, a very inscrutable foe to most other races.
> Greg Klett and I were hashing over the idea of trying a house rule where
> the Tyranids have a random strategy rating (d6) from turn to turn,
> representing their unpredicable, alien nature. Since I don't have nearly
> the time to try this out anytime soon, if anyone does want to try it out,
> please let me know what your impressions were! >>
>
>According to the histories, thats exaclty what the tyranids are - blind
>juggernauts. Once they start attacking, they dont stop or anything - they
>just drive. after all, they dont have the weaknesses of other armies.
> Also, with overwhelming numbers, I dont think they care that much for
>strategy...
>
>kris aspinall

 But, what about in the usual table top game where the Bugs will not
have overwhelming numbers, will have inferior firepower and will
probably have superior close combat (at least until you consider the
likely disadvantage from the imbalance in blast markers.
 If the Bugs are such an unstopable juggernaught why do they only act
chits?

  Greg Klett

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |