Re: [Epic] [E40k] Tyranid strategy rating

From: <PAspin3551_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 13:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 08/05/97 17:29:51, jschmidt_at_... (Jeff Schmidt)
writes:

<< What exactly is the rationale for a '1' strategy rating for 'nids? I
 always had the impression that Tyranids were not a blind juggernaught that
 could easily be outmaneuvered or outsmarted (perhaps I'm wrong). To me,
 Tyranids are damned _alien_, a very inscrutable foe to most other races.
 Greg Klett and I were hashing over the idea of trying a house rule where
 the Tyranids have a random strategy rating (d6) from turn to turn,
 representing their unpredicable, alien nature. Since I don't have nearly
 the time to try this out anytime soon, if anyone does want to try it out,
 please let me know what your impressions were! >>

According to the histories, thats exaclty what the tyranids are - blind
juggernauts. Once they start attacking, they dont stop or anything - they
just drive. after all, they dont have the weaknesses of other armies.
 Also, with overwhelming numbers, I dont think they care that much for
strategy...

kris aspinall