[Epic] Luck of the Dark one....

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 17:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

yesterday I played a fog of war mission. Imperial vs Eldar, I discovered
several things
a: My luck which was astronomically bad has changed with E40K I fired 3
siege artillery units into closely packed eldar and with 15 dice scored 15
hitstaking out 11 falcons (and 7 of the guardians transported) and 4 prism
cannon thingies.
b: Eldar titans are evil. I had a bunch of LRs and devastators pounding
two phantoms for 4 turns, ther first dropped with the first hit, the
second suffered NO DAMAGE.
c: The best way to counter nightwings is do not take fliers
d: Never annihilate a unit with loads of BMs, My assault marines sustained
18BMs were unbroken, and I could not even kill them on a suicide run.
every turn I would lose morale because of the ever present BMs.
e: Warhounds are about the best thing to use in a firefight (I engaged a
firefight with 2 warhounds against 2 revenants) hreheheheheheheh
enough waffle.
The score? I ended up completing my mission (drop pods are the best), but
I lost morale-wise (-36 - -49) HEAVY casualties in the last round.
Steve