Re: [Epic] Luck of the Dark one....

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:29:57 -0500

At 11:48 AM 5/12/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> >d: Never annihilate a unit with loads of BMs, My assault marines sustained
>> >18BMs were unbroken, and I could not even kill them on a suicide run.
>> >every turn I would lose morale because of the ever present BMs.
>>
>> How in the world did you get 18 BMs and not get annihilated? The most I've
>> seen was 12, and that was after 4 turns of my heaviest BM causing units
>> concentrating on a single target.
>>
>He never concentrated a lot of fire on me, he fired a lot of little shots
>at the det. from several different detachments. Also since he was using
>eldar, he had a lot of wave serpants (what I intended to take out). I had
>4 units left from 20.

So you were hammered pretty badly. Just in case you didnt' notice, if you
eliminate a unit, your opponenet loses morale equal to the number of BMs on
it when it dies. It won't be as many, probably, as what you described, but
you don't get to remove BMs in the rally phase before they count. It will
also free up some firepower to go elsewhere, instead of having to
continuously suppress the same unit.

Temp