Re: [Epic] Newbie

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 14:09:48 +0100

> Much more preferable answers are along the lines of "We play
> it as yes, since we couldn't find an answer in the rules", or "Yes,
> it's on p.31 of the rule book. When a detachment with Super Heavy
> Weapons fires, it places blast markers on the target detachment.
> [table follows]. Disrupt is a SHW, therefore it places blast markers
> as normal in addition to the 4+ roll per Disrupt." A short quote such
> as this is common but not necessary.
>
> Mark
>
> PS- I thought the example I gave above was the consensus reached on
> Disrupt. Last I checked, it was a SHW with no special rules outside
> of the Disrupt paragraph. I didn't realize anyone was still thinking
> otherwise.
 As the last remaining heretic, I'll run up a white flag on this one and
agree, that disrupt weapons do place blast markers normally and then
place additional BMs according to their special ability. It seems like
double recovery to me, but on reflection I cannot find anything that
negatives this interpretation in the rulebook. Of course ""any other
blast markers" might mean BMs placed by the rest of the detachment due
to a "normal" firepower attack.

Richard