RE: [Epic] Base Effects (and painting Chapter Colors.)

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 19:40:33 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Miller, Chris wrote:

> It actually works well as a base color if you apply the Chestnut wash
> after the base coat, then dry brush with a deep red. Anyone else
> painting their space marines Blood Angel colors? If so, what is your
> technique?

One good color to try is "Guards Red" from Testor's military line. The
Soviet Guards red color is supposed to be blood red. (you know, to
symbolize the blood shed by heroes while fight against capitalist
imperialist fascists.) So that might be a good thing to try. Of course,
I've never understood the rationale behind painting your vehicles bright
red... The Fireman Marines!