Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:59:08 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> **POTENTIALLY IMPORTANT RULES QUESTION**

        The rules are pretty clear, I thought.

[examples snipped]

> If you roll for each OPPOSING model in contact then you actually are at a
> penalty when you outnumber your opponent.

        What do you mean by this? That you roll 1 die
for each enemy in base-to-base, regardless of how many
stands you have in base-to-base? That's a pretty odd
interpretation.

> Is this how everyone else is playing? I get the impression (like from the
> example above)

        I think the original poster simply misread the
Rampage rules (or maybe we misread them and he got them
right...).

> that most people are playing a sort of holdover from 2nd
> edition where you roll to eliminate each of your opponents stands in hth.

        Well you do, kinda. You roll dice equal to the
number of models you have in base contact with enemy
models, and apply hits against any enemy models in base
contact with your own. It all seemed fairly easy &
intuitive to me (but then, I'm the one who misread the
supporting fire rules...).

Scott
shupes_at_...