Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 17:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...> writes:
> Um, it's pretty normal to be fired at when you charge into a bunch of guys
> with guns! I'd like to try a house rule where snap fire is used in the
> assault phase as well, but doesn't halt the charging units movement
> (gung-ho momentum, and all). This would mean that the assaulting force
> would lose ~16 2/3% of their force getting into contact (assuming hits
> only on a 6). Not at all unrealistic.

        Very unrealistic. Let's take the case of 32 Orcs (4+ armor)
charging a closely packed group of three rhinos. Each ork has to make
three 4+ armor checks to move into contact with the Rhino. So on
average, 28 of these Orks will die before reaching a Rhino. With
these kinds of odds, anything smaller than a Titan would be foolish to
charge anyone else. only hitting on a six applies only to Marines in
cover, or a few other things in fortifications.

Mark