RE:playing unpainted was [Epic] Your Neighborhood

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:15:01 +1000 (EST)

>When I was playing against one of the staff, another staff
>a_at_#hole says "hurry up that game ,those minitures aren't painted well
>enough" I would have to say that I almost walked out right then. I will
>never spend any money at that store. I think anybody just starting the
>hobby would have given up and traded their copy of EPIC.

Man, now that's just horrendous. I wouldn't have just walked out, but I
would have decked the guy. What a s_at_#thead. I've also heard the tale of
people being refused play at GW stores as the bases on the miniatures
weren't painted "Goblin Green", the colour that they use at the Nottingham
studio. Now that's taking conformism to the ultimate extreme. Give me GZG
games where the rulebook actually states that you can use whatever minis you
want. Jon doesn't care. He'd LIKE it if you bought his line of minis, but
then you can do whatever you please. GW used to be like that once. Then
they found the great God of Profit and became Capitalist bastards. GW
really gets my goat with this kind of thing.

>So all you idiots out there, painting, while a nice aspect of EPIC will
>never replace the actual game. I will play anyone, and I don't care if
>they have minitures of golden demon standard or straight out of the box.
>New EPIC players are always welcome!

If I had a new mini for every time I played with unpainted minis, I'd have
several new armies by now. For me I like to play the game. If I have the
choice between playing and painting, I'll play every time.

-Kelvin.....

   "I'm very angry now. I may even be tingling."
                     -The Tick
         email: kx.henderson_at_...