RE: [Epic] Your Neighborhood

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 20:04:12 -0500

At 03:30 PM 5/14/97 -0500, you wrote:

> And yes I do agree that the painted stuff is much more enjoyable to play
>with but it is a game not a painting contest. Maybe if the ppl in the
>hobby were a little less harsh about things like this more ppl would get
>into it.

I'm not militant about it, I just prefer painted figs. As far as
introducing newbies, we ran demos with our painted armies, and many of us
had multiple armies so for a game or two, the new guys could play (with
painted armies) without buying a thing. The local store kept a board and a
copy of the rules, so a newbie could just buy figures to start out (after he
tried the game).

Temp