Re: [Epic][E40k]Scenarios

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:06:51 -0400

Scott Herring wrote:

> I have a question which may have already been answered, but here it is.
>
> In the battles book, Battle #5 Ambush Setup rule #2, the
> attacker/ambusher is to roll for each of his detachments in order to
> determine if the detachment is deployed on the table or is in reserve.
> The rule then states that the defender will start with one detachment on
> the table and if he fails to roll a 4+ he may pick which detachment is
> to start on the table.
>
> The question is: Does both the Attacker and the Defender roll to
> determine which detachments start on the table? or Is the reference to
> the Attacker suppost to be the defender? or Is the reference to the
> Defender suppost to be the Attacker? If one of the last two questions
> is correct how does the other force setup?

        I noticed that as well, and it looks like it was a cut
and paste error. The talk about how the defender will always
have at least 1 det. on board is in the same paragraph describing
the ambusher's setup, so just replace 'defender' with 'ambusher.'
The real defenders come in from off table along the marching
route, IIRC.

Scott
shupes_at_...