Re: [Epic] Read this ! GWUK sale 30-50% off !!!!

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:53:33 PDT

On Thu, 15 May 1997 21:52:33 +0800 oki_at_... wrote:

> Just talk to GWUK. I think the models will be released (or
pre-released) on
> June 13 or is it 16 ? From the Trollboy he mentioned that some of
these
> "nuns" looks like Uma Thurman (sp?) in Pulp Fiction. So I expect the
Codex
> to be out around that period.
>
> BTW GWUK is doing a sale on old lead miniatures and boxed sets.
Prices are
> going at about 30% of old price - approx 50% of the new price (but
they only
> have lead miniatures, so the sale does not apply to new metal
miniatures).

> I got myself three dragons (Wood Elf, Chaos, Dark Elves) and a batch
of
> other miniatures - no old EPIC stuff on offer though - damnation
!!!!
> Curses, I wanted those Reaver Titans - at least that was what the
Mail Order
> Troll sayz.
>
> My beloved is gonna kill me for wasting money again.
>
> Regards
> Oki

Just phoned GW at the Plaza, Oxford Street. The Troll said they had
only heard a rumour about this yesterday and was surprised that word
was out (he don't know us too well do he? ;) ).

He thinks it refers only to lead minis and "There may be a promotion
over the last week of this month possibly similar to the one in Europe
where you buy 2 and get a 3rd free, with a final sale on the last day
of the month, whatever day that is."

Oki, if your beloved is going to kill you think how mine will
feel...Saturday the 31st is our wedding day!