Re: [Epic] Terrain

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:09:34 -0400 (EDT)

>Here is a question that came up in a recent game. As far as we could tell there is no answer in the rulebooks. How far into trees do units have to be to block line of sight? I know in second ed. you had to be on the edge, but this is never qualified in epic 40K. We wern't sure if troops in woods got the infantry cover bonus or could not be shot at(or shoot out, although it didn't matter, they were aspects). How does everyone else play it? (The troops were about an old-style epic base width into the woods.)

My take on the rules is that they have to be on the other side of the woods
for them to block LOS. So any unit inside the woods can shoot out and be
shot from any direction. I think this is an improvement over the SM/TL
"edge of the woods", which could be a bit of a pain at times and meant that
the middle of the woods stands almost never saw action (and were basically
wasted space). The new rules may not be that realistic, but they are much
simpler.

David