Re: [Epic] Epic playing groups and off-topic subjects...[LONG]

From: Chris Weigt <Christopher.Weigt_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 17:43:26 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 16 May 1997, Earl Corbin wrote:

> I've noticed something about Epic players, both amongst my friends, the
> playing group at the game store, and here on the list. It seems we get
> together to play or discuss Epic, and then proceed to talk about everything
> that comes to mind. In the six months or so that I've been on the list,
> list members have gone on about women, beer, real-world military
> organizations, Science fiction literature, marriage, education, Australian
> wild life, Big Mac prices, our preferences of different ethnic foods, the
> authenticity of popular restaurants serving such ethnic foods, the injury
> potential of volleyball and other popular sports, the quality of McDonald's
> beef, and the Society for Creative Anachronism.
Great, isnt it? 8) Brightens up my dull little life a bit (well, it'd be
dull if I wasnt so damned busy!)

> Anyway, to at least put a little on-topic content in my long-winded post --
> though one could argue that the qualities of Epic players is on-topic --
> anyone willing to bet that greater daemons, carnifexes (carnifi?), and the
> avatar will get the same treatment as the new hive tyrants? i.e., they
> will be smaller and more to scale with dreadnoughts?
Possibly, but I wouldnt mind if somebody used the old ones, thats for
sure. Just so long as they were painted well enough! *BIG grin*

> Thanks for bearing with me. I hope this entertains the list members. I'm
> not a real frequent poster -- barely enough time to read my mail, let alone
> _write_ e-mail.
>
> Earl

Not a problem, I believe it was the first 'OOT thread summary' I've seen
on here. Certainly entertaining (my fave OOT thread was volleyball related
injuries! that was ROTFL material indeed 8)
Adios,
Chris