Re: [Epic] Imperator stats ?

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

> >>It was my understanding that the armor value represented not only the
> >>thickness of the armor but how hard it would be to hit the unit. Since
> >>six is the highest armor value allowed and the Imperator is huge and easy
> >>to hit a 5 is logical.
>
> >And Warlord is easy to miss :P ?
>
> >-----> When compared to an Imperator....yes.
>
> I don't think size is an issue. It's kind of the difference between hitting
> the side of a barn and hitting the side of a 747. They are both
> ridiculously easy. The question should be whether the Imperator is any
> easier to hit _effectively_. I dont' think it should be. It's not going to
> have any more vulnerable spots than a Warlord, and as far as "hitting" a
> void shield, why would it be harder to take down a Warlord's shield than an
> Imperator's?

If it is going to be that big, then surely it will begin to feel the ill
effects of it's own weight. I think it would be easily destroyed by a hit
in the leg joints for example, because they are not overly large, and they
are supporting so much force. The same argument isn't as strong for smaler
titans.
Besides, 12 void shields 24 dam, with a 6+ save is obscene.
Steve