Re: [Epic][E40K] Terrain

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 01:13:28 -0500

At 01:43 PM 5/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I wish I had heard (or thought) of using the sand/paint combo before I
>started making my terrain. Using flocking looks nice enough, but it
>uses lots of materials.

A really cheap flocking alternative is to go to a woodworking shop and ask
if you can have some of their sander dust (don't get sawdust, it's too
coarse). Make your terrain, spary the color on, spread it with glue, cover
with dust, and respray the color. Cheap and easy. It can also be used to
stretch store-bought flocking, as most grass has some brown in it. I had an
undead army that I flocked with a mix that looked like dead grass which
looked nice.

Temp