Re: [Epic][E40K] Terrain

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 03:35:33 GMT

On Fri, 16 May 1997 21:01:54 -0400 (EDT), space-marine_at_...
David Lado <lado_at_...> wrote:

>>For trees:
>>
>>Twisted wire wrapped with plaster paper (I don't know what the official
>>name is), then sprayed brown and dry-brushed light brown looks great
>>for trees. It lends itself to making branches and roots.

A second method used the twisted wire frames,but instead of plaster, I
use brown colored Silicone caulk, the exterior stuff for caulking
windows, the stuff that stays flexible. comes in a large tube for
about $5

step 1 make wire trees
step 2 put on latex gloves
step 3 pump brown caulk onto a large piece of cardboard
step 4 smear caulk onto wire frame tree, so all wire is covered
            with your fingers

now you have a VERY sticky silicone covered tree. use some clips or
clamps to hold the tree as the silicone dries. (2-3 hours)

now you have some bare trees. since the caulk is flexible, you can
bend the wire frame into a lifelike pose. add foliage as needed.

now you can have trees that can survive being flattened. take flat
tree, rebend as needed. Can't do that with plastic or wood trees.

mike