Re: [Epic] Paint removal in Oz

From: Antony Van Der Linden <Antony.VanDerLinden_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 22:30:49 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,
        Chris, there's been a bit of talk about this on the WHFB list of
late so I can pass on a few things I read there.
For hard core stripping on metal minis a lot of people seem to be using
Brake fluid. Yep , that's right, I would never have thought of this, and I
imagine its probably about as annoying to use as metho as far as fumes and
so on are concerned.
For plastic minis the consensus seems to be any pure alcohol like
disinfectant. The one that keeps getting mentioned is Pine Sol which I
gather is something like Pine-O-Clean in Oz. I think that nail-polish
remover would probably work too.

        A few years ago I tried to strip some Space Hulk Termies (placcy
ones) and had horrid effects with metho. Anyone who knows these minis
knows there isn't mmuch detail on them to start with. But once I had
soaked them for a bit and then took to them with a toothbrush, well lets
just say I never used them again.

Just an extra word, I think that most solvents will probably take out your
superglue as well.

PS Funny Chris that we're at the same Uni and have never met. I mean there
aren't that many gamers in the whole city are there?

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Chris Weigt wrote:

> Heya, could any of my fellow countrymen suggest a better method of
> removing paint than methylated spirits? Keep in mind I need to do both
> plastics (3 old warlord titans!) and metal (4 warhounds).
> Any help muchly appreciated 8)
> Adios,
> Chris

Thanks,
        Tony.

 Tony VanDerLinden - | Department of Computer Science
 E-mail: | James Cook University of North Queensland
 Antony.VanDerLinden_at_... | Australia