Re: [Epic] Meese

From: Waiming Poo-Cheong <waiming.poo-cheong_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:21:39 +0100 (BST)

> I think it was WWII when the Swedes were using elk-drawn sleds to
> remove casualties from the front line. There was an elk that was decorated
> after pulling several unconscious soldiers more than 20 miles to the
> hospital over rough terrain without direction with a broken leg. I think
> the driver was killed in the explosion that injured the elk. The Elk was
> given one of the highest honors the army had to give, and there were
> pictures of the elk with a medal hanging off of its antlers on the front of
> several newspapers.
> The elk was subsequently captured and Hitler ordered it executed.
> What a wanker.
>
> Temp

hang on, i thought the swedes were neutral during the war and hence never
sent any of their national army units against axis troops.
in fact about a hundred plus of Swedish volunteers served in the
Waffen-SS, being concentrated in the 11th SS Freiwilligen-Panzergrenadier
Division Nordland, in particular 3 Kompanie, SS Aufklarungs Abteilung 11,
so much so that the unit became known as the 'Swedenzug'

-end of rant-

Waiming