Re: [Epic] Meese

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 21:03:23 -0500

At 11:31 AM 5/17/97 +0200, you wrote:

>The Swedish army actually held a Ekl ridden cavalry compant some time in
>the 1500-1700 (or something like that. They scared the shit out of the
>Germans (and most other mid to south Europeans too), as they nevar had
>seen any elks before and they are noticably larger than horses and quite
>agressive when irritadet (ie in battle).

        I think it was WWII when the Swedes were using elk-drawn sleds to
remove casualties from the front line. There was an elk that was decorated
after pulling several unconscious soldiers more than 20 miles to the
hospital over rough terrain without direction with a broken leg. I think
the driver was killed in the explosion that injured the elk. The Elk was
given one of the highest honors the army had to give, and there were
pictures of the elk with a medal hanging off of its antlers on the front of
several newspapers.
        The elk was subsequently captured and Hitler ordered it executed.
What a wanker.

Temp