Re: [Epic][E40K]FAQ proposal

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 22:13:38 -0400

Alan Brain wrote:

> Some FAQ proposals:
>
> Question 1. Deathstrike Launchers can only fire one shot per game
> a) YES This is a Silly Question!
> b) No.

        It says in the description of the Vortex SHW that
it's one-shot only. So yes, this is a silly question.

> Question 2. Ork Pulsa Rockets can only fire one shot per game
> a) Yes
> b) NO! This is a silly question!

        Not familiar with the ork list, but unless Pulsas
are vortexes or use special rules, why would they only fire
once per game?

> Question 3. About Rampagers:

        This should probably be rephrased so that it simply
asks which of a list is the correct interpretation.

> Question 4: About Split Firing
> If a detachment with a FP of 6 and 2 Blast Markers on it fires at 2
> different units, applying its firepower evenly,
> a) Each target has 2 Firepower allocated to it ( (6-2)/2 )
> b) Each target has 1 Firepower allocated to it ( (6/2) - 2)

        Penalties for BMs are taken off after you decide
where you want to allocate your FP, so the answer has to
be the first one.

> Question 5: About "Soak Off" of Blast Markers
> Consider a detachment with 3 units of Assault (15cm range) and 3 units
> of normal (30cm range) Space Marines, and that has 2 Blast Markers.
>
> Assuming it has NO target within 15cm, its maximum firepower vs a target
> at 25cm is:
> a) 3
> b) 1

        BMs are taken off after you declare targets,
determine your total FP, etc. So the answer is (b),
since you can't use the assaults' FP.

        The only genuine FP-BM related question that I
can think of (since the BM-vs-SHW debate has been solved)
is whether you subtract BMs before or after the penalty
for being on assault orders. I'd say after, but the rules
are unclear on that one.

        Except for the rampaging Q & maybe the pulsa one,
these are all pretty much answered in the books.
Admittedly the BM-related ones aren't explicitly stated,
but the answers are still there.

Scott
shupes_at_...