Re: [Epic][E40K]FAQ proposal

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 02:28:14 -0700

Some FAQ proposals:

Question 1. Deathstrike Launchers can only fire one shot per game
a) YES This is a Silly Question!
b) No.

Question 2. Ork Pulsa Rockets can only fire one shot per game
a) Yes
b) NO! This is a silly question!

Question 3. About Rampagers:
In a situation where a detachment contains 5 Rampaging units, it loses a
Close Combat.
The first Rampaging unit was in base-to-base-contact.
The second unit was within 15cm of the enemy and consequently taking
part in the Firefight.
The third unit took part in the firefight, but as the result of
casualties to the enemy, no enemy unit is within 15cm at the time of
retreat.
The fourth unit took no part in the preceedings, but is within 15cm of
an enemy unit (from another detachment other than the one in Close
Combat).
The final unit is over 15cm away from any enemy unit.

Which of the units are lost?
1) YES!
2) Yes?
3) Yes??
4) ?
5) No??

Suggestion 1: Only Rampaging units in base-to-base contact as opposed to
providing fire support do not retreat as the result of losing a close
combat. This means that if they end up within 15cm of the enemy after
the retreat, then they are lost.

As an aside, it's entirely possible for a Rampaging unit to both lose
the CC and also wipe out all enemy within 15cm!

Suggestion 2: All Rampaging units in base-to-base contact with the enemy
and who lose a Close Combat are lost. I like this one, it's simple.

Question 4: About Split Firing
If a detachment with a FP of 6 and 2 Blast Markers on it fires at 2
different units, applying its firepower evenly,
a) Each target has 2 Firepower allocated to it ( (6-2)/2 )
b) Each target has 1 Firepower allocated to it ( (6/2) - 2)
The answer to this has implications regarding mixes of SHWs and normal
FP too - see below.

Question 5: About "Soak Off" of Blast Markers
Consider a detachment with 3 units of Assault (15cm range) and 3 units
of normal (30cm range) Space Marines, and that has 2 Blast Markers.

Assuming it has NO target within 15cm, its maximum firepower vs a target
at 25cm is:
a) 3
b) 1

Remember that, assuming it has a target within 15cm, and assuming the
answer to the question 4 above was a), its maximum firepower vs a target
at 25cm is 3 (as it can "soak off" the Blast Markers against the Assault
Marines firepower of 3)

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture