Re: [Epic] 5th Element

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 97 10:14:55 EDT

At 02:30 PM 5/20/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>Saw 5th Element (by Luc Besson and starring Bruce Willis) recently.
>>
>>There was this race of aliens in really bulky power armour - almost like
>>Terminators. These guys do not walk, trot or run. They just waddle !
>>
>>Also there was another race, rather brutish with sloping forehead, big jaws
>>and teeth, pointed (bat-like) ears, an attitude and a great liking for big
>>gunz. Only thing is these guys are greyish in skin colour. Otherwise as
>>close to Orks as you can get :P
>>
>>Then there is a blue creature that sings fantastically - probably the
>>refined race aka Eldar, but has a lot of other funny body parts. But the
>>idea of a refined "elder" race is there.
>
>Hmm, now that you mention it, this all does make sense to me. Geez, is
>nothing sacred anymore!?!?!?! Bloody GW is getting into everything. So I
>guess we'll be able to get Ork-Krunchies for Breakfast or Imperial
>Calculators or the elegant Eldar wristwatch and stuff. Can't play the games
>unless you eat our cereal, use our calculators or watch our shows! Geez! ;-)
>
>-Kelvin.....

Or better yet...

NEW FROM GAMES WORKSHOP!!

PSYKER CEREAL! YES, THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, YOU TOO CAN BE LIKE THE
EMPEROR, AND CONSUME HUNDREDS OF PSYKERS A DAY!! (Well, ours are just
little crunchy corn bits). Each corn crunchy has been magnificently
sculpted by Jes Goodwin to look like one of TEN, count 'em TEN Primaris
Psykers. Have a "taste" of the Imperium at the beggining of _your_ day,
_every_ day! Oh, and by the way, we asked Jes if he could eventually make
real models out of the molds for the cereals. They will be available
soon for only $15 each next month!!

Elias

PS - I saw the 5th Element too. Great movie. Hadn't really thought
of the parallels, but now that you mention it...