Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 10:50:14 -0400 (EDT)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> duckrvr_at_... wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't used the tower yet, but it looks like it pretty
> > >much sucks now. Armor of 5+, no shields, and a move of 10cm. Might
> > >as well have your guys walk.
> >
> > I've never thought it was good for a transport, anyway.
>
> Back in the old days I thought it was a good buy to move
> beasts, bearers, & Mort around in - the Tower had a move of 15cm
> so you got an extra 10cm a turn. Also the boarding bonus was
> neat, although you didn't get to use it that often.
>
> Now, daemons are faster (15cm) and the Tower is slower
> (10cm), so it would be stupid to stick them in there. Currently
> I'm thinking it MIGHT be good for cultists.

        The Tower isn't quite as slow as it seems. Since it's a War
Engine, it has an effective 20cm move each turn, and can shoot each
turn while doing so. Not that this makes it great, but I never
thought it was great to begin with.

        Also, if it has kept its ability to keep half of its troops
alive when it dies, then it makes an even better GD transport, as that
gives them a total of 3 saves to avoid destruction when it is
destroyed.

        Any GDs that make it to the conflict will have no BMs on them.

        (Sorry if someone has made these points already, but I'm in
between housing and have to walk to a cluster to read mail. I'm only
geting through about a third of the list today.)

Mark