Re: [Epic] two Epic systems

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 14:26:35 -0400 (EDT)

My friends and I came to the same conclusion WRT the dice in CA/FF having
too much influence. We have decided to play several games where we use
average dice (for those who've never played WRG, they have the 1 and 6
replaced by a 3 and 4) in CA/FF, as a play test. The last game we played,
there were two Close Assults, the dice rolls were 1 vs 5, and 1 vs 6.
Needless to say, my ally and I got our butts kicked, and it seemed to all
com down to those two dice rolls. It didn't impress the guy whose first
game this was.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune

On Tue, 20 May 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:
[chomp]
> - I don't like assault/firefight. I thought I would on first hearing
> about it, having assault not be all about base-to-base contact, but
> it is more about that than I like. I'd like to see the two actions
> combined into one, and I'd like to see it less dependent on the
> dice. They dice seemed to overwhelm the assault values.
[chomp]