Re: [Epic] Re:Trolls n Minotaurs

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 15:47:15 -0500

At 08:24 PM 5/20/97 +0200, you wrote:

>The Arty is extreamly powerfull. We did some game testign at our
>convention this weekend and the effect the arty can have is scary. 6 Chaos
>artillery on overwatch can wipe out a mediumsized detachment quite easily
>(unless they're all SM's hiding in cover :-)

Yes, but the first turn they can't be on overwatch. The second turn, if
they are on overwatch, then they aren't on prep-fire. You also run the risk
that your opponent will get to fire first (or a ground attack by aircraft
will attacdk first, or HIS arty on prep fire has a guaranteed ff
capability), and since each BM takes out 1/6 of your firepower, a good sized
detachment can seriously impair your combat ability. Then after you do
fire you have to spend a turn immobile to reload, during which time you are
at the least ineffective, and at the most, very susceptible to all sorts of
nastiness. And what is the range on chaos arty? I though it was only 60,
but I don't remember off the top of my head.

Temp