Re: [Epic] Thousand sons, useless?

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:47:05 -0400

Peter Andersson II wrote:

> While reading the FAQ in the battles book I realized that the
> thousand sons are pretty useless. Why?

        Because GW doesn't like them very much. =) They pretty
much got screwed in 40k, too.

> Because it says that unless all units in a detachment are stubborn
> the detachment don't get to reroll failed leadership tests.

        They also say that a good rule would be to allow the reroll
if most of the units are stubborn. So it isn't that bad.

> How do others play this?

        Personally I like the idea posted here that if you fail
the Ld test & you have stubborn units in the detachment, you can
reroll the test BUT if you pass, only the stubborn units can act.
Makes sense & seems very workable.

> Maybe this is a question for the primarchs? Somehow you get the
> feeling they made sure that SM worked fine with the stubborn ability
> and forgot about the thousand sons.

        Not to mention the Noise Marines.

Scott
shupes_at_...