Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: <PAspin3551_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 04:47:30 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 22/05/97 20:13:18, oki_at_... (oki@...)
writes:

<<
 Hello everyone out there who showed intereste in White Scars,
 a bit of information for you. I sent in the history I wrote
 to Citadel Journal to see if they wanted to type it up. They
 declined for the following reasons:

 "Currently we have no plans on writing a Codex:White Scars,
 but if we make another Space Marine Codex, it will most probably
 be White Scars and Imperial Fists. The people here at GW have a
 very definite view of how the White Scars are headed. If you check
 out White Dwarf #210, we are showing how to include White Scar troops
 in EPIC scale battles."

 This means, that there may be an official White Scar codex SOMEDAY,
 and also next month we can see what one GW slant on our favorite boys
 in white. I hope they have special rules! >>

In the new white dwarf they have included a white scars detachment sheet and
a special White scars rule - they can always retreat from a firefight/combat,
even if they win, to represent their hit and run tactics.

 However, I personaly and very annoyed at this. Its the third article
published on space marines, and already includes 3 new specializations (space
wolves, dark angels and white scars) - something they said they would never
do. It also includes the emperors tarot, an alternate set of fate cards for
the imperium that is FAR superior to the ones in the game.
 Why have they got this thing about space marines at GW? Do they fantasize
about them? They have neglected all the other races in 40K, whilst the space
marines have 3 codexes, and it now looks like they are doing the same in epic
40K.

 You can guess I have just heard that Eldar arnt coming out till Novemeber,
presumably to catch the Chrimbo sales.

k.a.