Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 08:35:52 -0500

At 04:47 AM 5/23/97 -0400, you wrote:

>In the new white dwarf they have included a white scars detachment sheet and
>a special White scars rule - they can always retreat from a firefight/combat,
>even if they win, to represent their hit and run tactics.

Oh, good. White Scar assault troops can now move 20 cm in the regular
phase, 40 cm in the assault phase, and another 20 after the assault phase,
and possibly another 20 after the second person's move durig the assault phase.

>published on space marines, and already includes 3 new specializations (space
>wolves, dark angels and white scars) - something they said they would never
>do. It also includes the emperors tarot, an alternate set of fate cards for
>the imperium that is FAR superior to the ones in the game.

Can someone start giving some specifics? I dont' mean the text of every
card, but some examples would be nice.

> Why have they got this thing about space marines at GW? Do they fantasize
>about them? They have neglected all the other races in 40K, whilst the space
>marines have 3 codexes, and it now looks like they are doing the same in epic
>40K.

Don't worry, they'll no doubt make something equally cheesy for Khorne units
while ignoring the entire rest of the chaos pantheon.

Temp