Re: [Epic]E40K Orks, Blood Axe Mob et al

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 00:57:59 -0700

oki_at_... wrote:
Re: Chaos / Blood Axe Land Raiders

> Have you done any conversion for them ? If you do, please share some of
> conversion tips :).I saw some pretty nifty conversion/addition in WD 150+
> (?) for Khorne's army. The Landraiders each has a little of the following -
> Wolf (Daemon?) head on the bulkhead, horns and spikes on the side of the LR.

Have I done any conversions? On Land Raiders, I'm still working on it.
But at last count I had over 70 DIFFERENT Ork Battlewagons, each one a
unique conversion.

I've taken some snaps with a digital camera, so can send some pictures
if someone has a website to put them on.. I might take a few more of
works still in progress, so you can see the technique.

Conversions of Old-style Land Raiders? Well, first, the skull'n'horns
from the front of the Old-style Battlewagon is essential for a good
Chaos or Ork model. Remove the cruddy side autocannon, they are the
worst feature of an otherwise ordinary model. Take an Ork Battlewagon
(the old Bonebreaka) turret, and stick that on top. Finally, spikes are
best carved from Sprue, with finer ones made from the bannerpoles on the
old epic stands.

> p.s. BTW, I find it kinda funny that Blood Axe can get LR whereas only the
> 1st company marines have access to them in a non-SM armour detachment.

... but of course a Marine Armour detachment can have them by the score.
A bit like the CultOfSpeed as opposed to a normal Ork mob.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture