RE: [Epic] 5th Element and Batman rant

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:47:34 -0500

Rant Warning . . .

Well, after Michael Keaton left, it wasnt' too hard, though there were
definite problems with both I and II. Personally, I considered walking
out
after the "black-light" fight in number III. Stupid, stupid, stupid,
stupid! It was just a 2 hour version of the old, campy sit-coms (what
was
that assanine phrase? "Holy manhole cover" or something equally
stupid).
That's fine, but if it was what I wanted I would just watch reruns, and
not
pay $7 to see a movie. What happened to the macabre "Dark Knight"
style of
the first two? Tim Burton leaves and the movies go strait to hell.
 Has
anyone seen the Mr. Freeze get-up they put Ah-nuld in for the new film.
 How
goony! And why are the bat-costumes suddenly metallic. Right! I'm so
sure
_that_ won't show up in the dark! And while I'm at it, Julia Roberts
(Poison Ivy - Hah!) couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag. Sure
she
has legs up to her face, but her entire acting repertoire consists of
crying, and twisting her repulsively over-sized lips into even more
hideous
shapes than they are to begin with (or, alternately, blowing Richard
Gere).
I wont' go see it in the theater, and I probably won't even rent it
unless
someone else wants to.

Temp

---->Now that we're seriously off course and drifting off-topic even
more...
Julia Roberts? -> It's Uma Thurman ! (Pulp Fiction, etc ?)
Not impressed with "Poison Ivy" as a villian at this point , but maybe
they'll change my mind.
(Also, J.R. ain't with Gere anymore, not for several years now...)

Mr Freeze - I liked the Patrick Stewart rumor better, but Arnold may do
OK. Chrome Suit: Subtle? NO!, but he's a big guy anyway, so he's gonna
stand out - make him shiny, go ahead...

Interesting movies that may suck in the future: Kull (yeah the old
Robert E Howard character) starring Kevin Sorbo the dude from Hercules
TV. Early shots look interesting, but fantasy movies don't have much of
a track record...

Chris Miller