Re: [Epic] First Epic 40k battle

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 13:35:56 -0500

At 02:13 AM 5/24/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Very easily. The novelty wears off.

I could see that.

>ANYWAY... said uncle submitted a fairly long article to Scientific
>American, on his work on Shakey and other robots. At the last minute, it
>was pulled from publication, as they thought his name signalled a hoax.

I can understand that. Was it not protocol at the time to include methods
to contact the author?

>originally titled "A Genetic/Sexual Evolutionary model for producing
>Optimal Strategies in Rules-Based Rapid Response Systems". Had a hell of
>a job getting it taken seriously. As the product was a radically
>improved anti-missile defence system

A geneta-who? Obviously you didn't name it. What was it some sort of
bizarre, "brains evolved in this pattern, so our electronic systems should,
too" sort of thing? Of course, if it's classified, just tell me to buzz off.

Temp