Re: [Epic] First Epic 40k battle

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 13:56:42 -0500

At 09:03 AM 5/23/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I understand that you were not very happy with our nuclear tests...
>There only one thing that I must say : when the United States did HUNDREDS of
>tests, noone
>said that it was a "scandale"! It's not fair! Great Britain and Japan made
some
>tests too... Jacques
>Chirac's choice was very hard : on one side nuclear tests were not a very good
>idea in terms of ecology but on the
>other side it was our defence that was in the balance...

I've found that this more or less sums up the French thought on the matter.
After coming out on the bad end of two world wars, they seem to be quite
determined that nothing of the sort ever happens again.

BTW, has anyone else ever heard ot the "McDonald's Hypothesis?" Apparently
some sociologist has noticed that no two countries that both contain
McDonald's restaurants have ever fought a war. IIRC, his reasoning is that
by the time a country's economy gets to the point where it can support a
fast food chain, it is against their better interests to engage in open
warfare. I believe he also got an insanely large government grant to
research the concept.

Temp
unable to stay on topic, and just full of worthless information today